To establish the School of Business as a national leader in preparing its students for success in a culturally and racially diverse society, by elevating diversity as an essential component of academic excellence and dismantling disparities in education, wealth, and economic opportunity.
The School of Business Office of Diversity Initiatives (ODI)
The principle of engagement through inclusion is a core value, and ODI will lead the school in promoting equitable access to business education and beyond through academic, personal, and career support that embraces the inseparable connection between academic excellence and diversity.
Our work includes:
Equitable access to business education:
- High-school awareness and readiness outreach
- Admissions process
- Financial Analysis and Personal Decision-making
- Data Collection & Analysis
Culture of inclusion:
- Student empowerment and activities
- Curriculum and programming
- Hiring practices for Faculty, Staff, and PhD students
- Annual Student-Centered Survey
Academic, personal, and career support:
- Retention and tutoring
- Counseling and mentorship
- Career services
- End-to-end specialty programs with industry partners
Community Outreach, External Partners, Corporate Partners
- Anchor Initiative – Community based economic development initiatives in communities where the School of Business is anchored to drive economic equity throughout the state.
- Workforce Development and micro-credential programming
- Financial Literacy Education
The Business Diversity Intiatives Office is a division under the School of Business, Dean’s Office